Thursday, June 26, 2008

goodbyes






Seriously, don't have a heart attack...

I've been taking pictures at school, so I thought I'd post them before I forgot...

This is my last week with two of my favorite classes, and let me just say: It's not easy! They are great kids with great personalities and we have really bonded and had some fun over the last year. I said goodbye to my Beaver class tonight - my favorite night class, and couldn't even get out more than one sentence. :( I don't want to begin to think about what tomorrow's going to be like when I have to tell my Tiger class goodbye. They are the main class that I teach, and we are pretty close. I have heard all sorts of stories about all of their families and even been lucky enough to meet a few of their parents. They are a bunch of sweetie pies, and will be dearly missed by me.
As I was driving home to school tonight (mostly in tears), I started thinking about some other jobs I've left. I don't think I've actually ever been as sad and reluctant to say goodbye as I am with this job (sorry to any of you reading this who are former co-workers, you know I've got nothing but love for you). It occurred to me that people, including myself, almost always leave jobs because they don't like them or some other not so positive reason. That's just not the case with this job, which is what makes it so hard to leave. I have loved teaching my kids and loved my coworkers and my boss (99% of the time), and have been very happy here. I don't know what kind of an impact I've had on the lives of my students or coworkers, but I know they've had a pretty big impact on mine. I've got about 6 weeks before my goodbyes are official, and I head out of here, but this week has certainly made me realize how fast time goes by. The next 6 weeks are going to fly, and I'm just not sure if I'm prepared for the finality of it all.
I don't usually ask this, but it might help if some of you keep me in your thoughts and pray that I can be strong tomorrow and over the next 6 weeks as I have to say goodbye to my students and friends...

Pictures:
#1 My sweet little Kevin, a.k.a. "My Little Turtle"
#2 Jamie, looking GOOD : )
#3 Kitty and Christine (Kitty is on the right, Christine on the left)
#4 Luke and Leo, the two naughtiest and cutest little boys on the planet
#5 My Beaver class, who I taught for the last time tonight :(

No comments: